What is an Inventory Management System?
Inventory management system is used for tracking inventory levels, orders, sales and deliveries. It can also be used in the manufacturing industry to create a work order, bill of materials and other production-related documents. Companies use inventory management software to avoid product overstock and outages.
How you handle your inventory can make or break a business. Most small businesses neglect the importance of an effective inventory management system, without being aware that the lack of such a tool is the main reason for slow business or loss of profit. Using manual methods for tracking your inventory and orders requires a lot of time and effort, and in today’s generation, where almost can be done in a few seconds and a few clicks, it is simply inefficient and impractical.
Benefits of an Inventory Management System
- Assurance of sufficient supply of goods in stock as per customer needs.
- Optimize the usage of storage and minimize unmoving products.
- Faster movement of sales and production cycles.
- Reduces unnecessary cost of duplicate orders.
- Inventory automation, it saves you from error-ridden and time- consuming task of manual inventory tracking.
- Keeps your data secure while giving access to employees to assist in inventory management.
Qualities of an effective Inventory Management System
- User-friendly interface –should have a simple and straightforward user interface to allow easier navigation and reduce input error. Icons are simple and readily identifiable.
- Data security – your system must allow different levels of accessibility to each user without compromising the security of your data, minimizing the breach in security and unauthorized access to business and customer information.
- Sales tracking options –flexibility of having barcode & QR code scanning and manual code entry. Replenish stocks and tracks purchase orders easily.
- Automatic Sales update – real-time tracking of purchases, allows multiple servers to access sales database.
- Generates report- allows generation of report to easily track trends, ensuring that your inventory management is efficient and effective.
Inventory Management System is a worthy investment for all kinds of business, no matter how big or small. Keeping an effective inventory management system can multiply your profits, speed up your transactions and what’s more? Keep your clients happy. J
Click below to upgrade your business or to know more about our product!
DHA POS and Inventory Management System